Monday, March 4, 2013

Consequenses, Day 1 after cleanse

         I guess we are all creatures of habit. Its hard if we feel we have invested emotional energy into something, to change it. So what I did last night was I drank some Smooth move. I know I was complaining on how bad I hated it, but I thought "what the heck one last night", yup it doesn't end there though, I also did the salt water flush! But before the SWF I did my final weight in.
 I started this journey at 139.8.....weight in this morning.......134.2!  5.6 lbs! I am happy and I am NOT going to complain. I just thought if I could get down to 135 on this cleanse, I will ecstatic, which I am. I also understand I did this cleanse mostly for HEALTH, not weight loss. But it still feels FREAKIN good to be able to be as thin as when I got married! And before I started having the 2nd batch of kids. Remember I have either been pregnant, or nursing for the past 7 years of my life. Ok back to the experience.....
So this morning was like other mornings, but instead of the lemonade, I juiced oranges and drank that.
What was it like tasting something other than lemonade? Well the straight juice was SO SWEET. I had to water it down a lot. It did taste refreshing and yummy. For some reason my taste buds  also registered  it as bitter all at the same time. Weird huh??
So I had freshly squeezed OJ for breakfast and lunch, or just when I felt a bit hungry. Its odd but it curved my hunger. I decided to make a soup for dinner. BUT I decided to do lentil soup, using some fresh home made stock I made last week. BIG MISTAKE!!!
I wanted to cook the lentils like the ones I grew up eating. Frying the onion and tomato, and after the lentils are done, making them like re-fried beans. BUT I resisted. Thank goodness I didn't,  it would have TORE ME UP worse!
I went to the mall with my girls to do a little shopping. I found some great deals on a pair of boots and heels at Macys. I am looking for a dress to wear for Friday to  La Caille. Well I am a size 8! Heheheh I'm giddy! Sorry I had to throw that in.
Nini snuck in a size 6 dress which I have NEVER fit a size 6 in my adult life, and it fit! WHAT?????? A little snug, but it fit. The size 10 dresses looked too big on me so I just stuck with size 8.
I must have tried on like 10-12 dresses and none fit right. They were all so short! What is up with that? Can a woman have a longer dress please?? These were all in the women department too. I will continue  my search tomorrow or the next day, but I will find a dress.
Funny thing happened, Nini and the girls really wanted a treat. They were all good for me especially since I hardly ever take them shopping because they mostly act like neanderthals that haven't been civilized, so I promised something yummy for them if they behaved. They all decided to get Pretzel Time those little bits. Nini wanted to get nacho cheese....and I COULD NOT let her. It sounded too tempting, so they just got Parmesan. I couldn't touch the pretzel because my taste buds really wanted it.
 Back to the lentils, I had cooked the lentils earlier so they could be done by the time we got back from the mall. I was so ready to eat some food. Well I did eat a small bowl of them, but I was still SO hungry...so I had another small bowl. Uhhhhhh NOT a good IDEA!!!! Right now, I am suffering. My tummy is crazy, it's making all sorts of noise. I have tons of gas, and I have fear of letting it rip due to accidental you-know-what. But I do feel bloated, really bloated. I should have just done a veggie soup....very basic. Tomorrow that is what I will have.
While I was eating the lentil soup, it was delicious. My taste buds were super excited.
But this will be a lesson learned, don't eat things that will make me feel like crap afterwards. One thing I must mention is that after eating the soup, I had tons of energy! I did a ton of chores! hehe
I also had that mental clarity that I so craved. I've been doing a lot of thinking about things. I feel more at peace. I hope this continues.
.
SO thats pretty much it for today. I had a really good day.

No comments: