I took a break from the Smooth Moove tea...I actually had a couple of tea bags from previous days, and used those instead of using the full potent tea, and it was nice not having to feel so really crampy. It still did it's thing, but I think my body needed that break.
I woke up and did my salt water flush, and that went good. As good as it could go.
I went to help my BFF move from one place to another, I didn't do much heavy lifting or anything, but I was weak and cold and it wore on me for the rest of the day.
Today was the first day that I was feeling tired of my lemonade. I just didn't feel like drinking it. I drank it because I needed to, but my tongue feels raw, and the flavor is kinda getting on my nerves.
I think after this cleanse, lemonade will not be one of my favorite drinks.
My breath is nasty, and if feels I suck on pennies all day long. I sometimes have to brush my teeth, then put a little bit of peppermint essential oil on my tongue to be able to bare the taste of it. But it comes back. My tongue is still white, and I don't know if it will become pink in 10 days. I bet it's mostly white because of the darn lemons burning my taste buds off. HA
I have become accustomed to having to prepare and cook food for my family. That by FAR has been the hardest thing in this whole experience. I wish I could just taste what I make, but I can't and I won't. That's until I'm done with this cleanse. Will power of a HORSE!
My visiting teachers from church came over and one of them brought me some grapefruit sugar scrub which I later used in my detox bath. (more details to come)
I tried some pair of jeans that Nini (17 yr old daughter) had borrowed from me when I was thinner, and they fit. So I Indian-gave them back. haha Shes too short for them anyway and she never wore them, so I took them back. I was excited, because ever since I started having my 2nd batch of kids those jeans represented the thinnest I had been. So being able to fit into them, was nice.
For dinner, James (my hubby) really bucked up, I really wasn't in the mood to cook. He made french toast for the girls. He also wanted to make sausage, but he saw how bad it tortured me last time we made it, he decided to do without.
I took a much needed cat nap, and it felt great! It couldn't have been more than 20 min, but it made a huge difference in my energy level and attitude.
I can say that today, I was almost done with all of it. It just felt repetitive, and boring. I knew I wouldn't give up, but I was tired of it all.
Another thing that amazes me is that when you tell someone you are on a detox, it automatically starts a huge conversation on FOOD. Yup, stuff you CAN'T eat. I am not sure why, but it gets annoying having to remind people that you won't eat solid food for another X amount of days.
After I put the girls to bed, I took a nice LONG detox bath. Here is the recipe if interested.

Eucalyptus Detox bath:Purpose: Overall Detox
Amount: Combine 1 cup sea salt, 1 cup Epsom salts and 2 cups baking soda in a bowl and blend. Pour approximately 1/2 cup of mixture into running bath water. Add 2 tablespoons of glycerin and 15 drops of eucalyptus essential oil.
Duration: Soak for approximately 20 minutes.
I got this nifty recipe from this web site:
http://www.guidetobodycleansing.com/detoxbathrecipes.html
It has some other cool recipes you can try. I did soak for much longer than 20 minutes though. My hubby had to study for his MBA midterm assignment so I was bathing solo. I have to admit, even though we have a huge tub, it was nice to have it to myself ;)
I lit a candle, put on Sade on Pandora....and it was ON! Full relaxation in motion.
I then used the grapefruit scrub my visiting teacher brought me, started with my hands and feet, and said "what the heck", lets do arms, legs, torso etc...... Oh man. I can't even describe how good I felt.
Then it was time for bed. Drank my Smooth Moove tea, and it was lights out.
No comments:
Post a Comment